About Your Bill
Water/Sewer Rates and Billing
We are proud to deliver you a safe, reliable supply of water and to maintain sewer service 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. To do so requires an investment in our water systems and trained personnel who operate the systems and serve our customers.
We work hard to manage our costs and deliver you water for less than 1 penny per gallon! A typical residential customer with average water usage gets the water to meet their daily needs for less than $1 per day. We think that's a great value and hope you do as well.
The rates we charge for service were approved by the Connecticut Public Utilities Regulatory Authority (PURA) in 2015 after a complete rate case proceeding. Bills are due and payable upon receipt. Rate schedules that apply to your system are available on our website or by calling a customer service representative at 203-264-8100.
Your bill for water and wastewater service may include the following charges:
- Water Basic Service Charge - a daily rate which covers the cost associated with basic operation, billing and customer service. The size of your water meter determines the amount of the Basic Service charge.
- Water Usage - based on the number of gallons of water used, multiplied by the approved rate.
- Sewer Basic Service Charge - a daily rate which covers the cost associated with basic operation, billing and customer service. The size of your water meter determines the amount of the Basic Service charge.
- Sewer Usage - based on the number of gallons of water used, multiplied by the approved rate.
- Water Flat Rate Charge - based on the schedule for unit types, a set quarterly amount regardless of usage.
- Sewer Flat Rate Charge - based on the schedule for unit types, a set quarterly amount regardless of usage.
- PURA approved surcharges or credits such as the Water Infrastructure and Conservation Adjustment (WICA), Water Revenue Adjustment (WRA), or other rate adjustment mechanisms which are applied on a percentage basis on customers' bills. Further explanation of any such charges or credits is included on the bill or on the rate fact sheet on our website.
- CT Department of Public Health (DPH) Safe Drinking Water Fee. This new charge is a result of a law passed by the Connecticut legislature in 2017 that established a Safe Drinking Water Assessment fee for all public water systems in the state. This fee was established to help fund the Connecticut Department of Public Health (DPH) so they can maintain their Safe Drinking Water Program and meet their obligations under the Federal Safe Drinking Water Act, as other state and federal funding has been reduced. This is a pass through charge to the state.
Questions About Your Bill
If you have questions about your bill, please call a Customer Service representative at 203-264-8100. If you prefer send your questions with your payment, please use a separate piece of paper and include your name, address and account number. Notes written on the bill may delay the processing of your payment.
Direct written communications to:
Heritage Village Water
Customer Service Manager
450 Heritage Road
Southbury, CT 06488