National Association of Water Companies
The New England Chapter – National Association of Water Companies (“NENAWC”) has established a scholarship for eligible high school students which will be administered through its Scholarship Committee. It is the intention of the Committee to award the scholarship each year to a deserving candidate.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
For proper consideration, the application must be signed and dated by the applicant and received by the noted application deadline. The following criteria must be met for scholarship consideration:
- Applicants will be a graduating High School Senior from an accredited High School or equivalent from any of the following states: Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire and Rhode Island.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are actively pursuing an approved course of study at an accredited higher education institution directly related to Drinking Water, Water Engineering, Environmental Studies or Waste Water.
- An academic GPA of 3.0 at their high school is mandatory. The relevance and rigor of the courses taken in high school shall be considered.
To be considered for this year’s award, applications must be received by March 15, 2020.
Applicants must submit a completed application form (signed and dated) and attach the following additional information:
- An official transcript from their current academic institution, including transcripts from the first half of the senior year.
- A typed and signed autobiographical sketch highlighting: accomplishments, interests, hobbies, future plans, your chosen field of study and if it will improve the environment, or public health, in particular the water industry, and explain the importance / impact the scholarship will have on you.
Through the generosity of the NENAWC Membership and Scholarship Committee, the scholarship award each year will be $1,500.
The Scholarship Committee shall review all properly completed applications and make their recommendation to the Board. The decision of the Board shall be final. In the event that there are no qualified applicant(s), the Committee shall report such information to the Board and no Scholarship will be granted in that year.
The successful applicant shall be notified of the decision of the Board and will be invited to attend a NENAWC meeting and/or event where the award shall be presented.
Completed application must be returned by March 15, 2020 to:
NENAWC Scholarship Program c/o Jessica Johnson
Valley Water Systems
37 Northwest Drive, Plainville, CT 06062
CT AWWA Scholarship Program
The Connecticut Water Works Association and the Connecticut Section of the American Water Works Association have established a scholarship for eligible high schools students that shall be administered through the Scholarship and Awards Committee. It is the intention of the Committee to award these scholarships each calendar year to selected and deserving candidates.
Consideration for scholarships shall be based on criteria established by the Committee, as approved by the CWWA Board of Directors. The criteria and application shall be reviewed periodically by the Board and updated as deemed necessary.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The application shall be signed and dated by the applicant and must be received by the application deadline to be considered. The applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the scholarship:
1. Applicants will be a graduating High School Senior from an accredited Connecticut High School or equivalent
2. Preference will be given to applicants who are actively pursuing an approved course of study at an accredited higher education institution directly related to environmental science, water resources, public health or the water industry
3. An academic GPA of 3.0 at their high school is mandatory. The relevance and rigor of the courses taken in high school shall be considered.